Thursday, May 20, 2010

 

Peak dating


Inspired by this Junk Charts post, I got to thinking “That isn’t complete. It might be acceptable for you to date a larger spectrum of ages as you get older, but there are fewer available people for you to date as you age!”

So, I pulled the number of single women by age from the 1995 census (first data I could find, Table 59, pdf):
g2_sm
I then took the finite integral of that time series over the upper and lower bounds for acceptable dating for each age to get this:
g1_sm
While the acceptable range of ages you can date increases forever, the pool of single women dwindles faster, meaning that (given all these assumptions) a man’s peak dating pool occurs around age 24.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is my personal blog. All opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect the position of any other person or organization

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?